Jeffrey M. Feiner, MD, FACS
Feiner Plastic Surgery, LLC
Owner, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery/Reconstructive Microsurgery, June 10, 2018- Present
UF Health Cancer Center at Orlando Health (formerly MD Anderson Cancer Center of Orlando)
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery/Reconstructive Microsurgery, August 1, 2012- June 10, 2018
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Clinical Sciences-The Florida State University, College of Medicine, October 2012- Present
Instructor of Plastic Surgery, The University of Central Florida, College of Medicine, October 2012-Present
Osceola Regional Medical Center, January 7, 2019- Present
Orlando Health South Lake Hospital, January 30, 2016- Present
Orlando Health St Cloud Regional Medical Center, April 25, 2019- Present
AdventHealth, July 25, 2019- Present
Oviedo Medical Center, April 2, 2020- Present
Central Florida Regional Hospital, May 21, 2020- Present
Education and Training
The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Chief Resident, Dept. of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2011- 2012
The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Resident, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2005-2011
State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Doctor of Medicine, May 20, 2005, Summa Cum Laude.Class Rank: 1
University of Pennsylvania, The College of Arts and Sciences
Bachelor of Arts, December 22, 2000, Magna Cum Laude
American Board of Plastic Surgery, November 16, 2013
American College of Surgeons, Fellow,
American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery (ASRM), June 14, 2017
American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), October 19, 2016
Florida Society of Clinical Oncology (FLASCO), August 11, 2015
Surgical and Charitable Outreach
Compassionate Hands and Hearts Breast Cancer Outreach, Medical Director
Changing Children’s Lives.Nha Trang, Vietnam. March 17-27, 2011.
Awards and Honors
Johns Hopkins/University of Maryland Plastic Surgery Residency Program Residency Teaching
Award:2012, Award is given by the residents and medical students for excellence in teaching
Buffalo Surgical Society Prize in Surgery: 2005, Award is given for academic excellence in surgery during the Junior and Senior years
Merck Manual Award: 2005, Award is given to the top 3 students in the school of medicine
Morris and Sadie Stein Neuroanatomy Award: 2005, Award is given for excellence in neuroanatomy
Maimonides Medical Society Award: 2005, Award given for the most outstanding academic performance coupled with wisdom and compassion
Dr. Louis Sklarow Award: 2005, Award is given “to an outstanding graduate in medicine from the State University of New York at Buffalo Medical School… who has shown, by character and medical accomplishment, great promise in becoming a fine physician and a person most likely to make a contribution to mankind and bring honor to his school.”
Alpha Omega Alpha: 2004, elected as a Junior
Kornel Terplan Award: 2003, Award is given to the student with the highest average in pathology
Donald W. Rennie Physiology Award: 2003, Award is given to the student with the highest average in physiology
Association of Pathology Chairs Honor Society: 2003, National honor society to recognize scholarship in pathology during medical school. Selection criteria include scholastic achievement in the pathology curriculum, undergraduate research accomplishments, leadership activities, and future potential for academic success.
McGraw Hill/Appleton & Lange Award: 2001-2002, Award is given to the two highest ranking students in the first-year medical curriculum
Dean’s Letter of Commendation: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
Research Fellowship, Peripheral Nerve Regeneration, 2007-2008, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Department of Orthopedic Surgery.PI: Thomas M. Brushart, M.D. and Richard J. Redett, M.D.
Research Assistant, 2000, University of Pennsylvania, Institute for Human Gene Therapy
Supervisors: James Burkman, M.D., Hansel Stedman, M.D., and Charles Bridges, M.D., Sc.D.
Research Fellow, Summer 1999, Masonic Medical Research Laboratory, Utica, N.Y.
Cardiophysiology Department, Supervisor: Jose M. Di Diego, M.D.
- Gratzon A, Schultz J, Secrest K, Lee K, Feiner J, Klein RD. Clinical and Psychological Outcomes of Vascularized Lymph Node Transfer for the Treatment of Upper extremity Lymphedema After Breast Cancer Therapy. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016 Oct 12.
- Brown EN, Chaudhry A, Mithani SK, Bluebond-Langner RO, Feiner JM, Shaffer CK, Call D, Rodriguez ED. Long-term vascular, motor, and sensory donor site outcomes after ulnar forearm flap harvest. J Reconstr Microsurg. 30(2):115-20, Feb 2014.
- Kaplan K, Chopra K, Feiner J, and Gastman BR. Chest Wall Reconstruction with Strattice in an Immunosuppressed Patient. Eplasty 2011, e46 :479-485.
- Kelamis JA, Mundinger GS, Feiner JM, Dorafshar AH, Manson PN, and Rodriguez ED. Isolated Bilateral Zygomatic Arch Fractures of the Facial Skeleton are Associated with Skull-base Fractures. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 128(4): 962-970, October 2011.
- Vyas A, Li Z, Aspalter M, Feiner J, Hoke A, Zhou C, O’Daly A, Abdullah M, Rohde C, and Brushart T. An in vitro model of adult mammalian nerve repair. Exp Neurol. 2010; 223(1):112-8. Epub 2009 May 21.
- Aspalter M, Feiner JM, Redett RJ. Animal Bites. Craniofacial Trauma Module. [Plastic Surgery Hyperguide], April 2009. < a href =”http://www.plasticsurgery.hyperguides.com” target =”blank” >http://www.plasticsurgery.hyperguides.com
- Aspalter M, Vyas A, Feiner J, Griffin J, Brushart T, and Redett R. Modification of Schwann Cell Gene Expression by Electroporation In Vivo. J Neurosci Methods. 2009; 176(2): 96-103.
- Vyas A, Feiner J, Aspalter M, Hoke A, Brushart T. Development of a spinal cord-peripheral nerve coculture system to study neuronal regeneration. Program No. 327.20. 2008 Neuroscience Meeting Planner. Washington, DC: Society for Neuroscience, online.
- Feiner JM, Redett RJ. Scaphocephaly. Congenital: Cleft/Craniofacial Module. [Plastic Surgery Hyperguide], May 2008. http://www.plasticsurgery.hyperguides.com
- Di Diego JM, Feiner JM, Moussallem CG and Antzelevitch C. Cellular Basis for Ischemia-induced ST-segment Elevation (Abstract). PACE 24:II-599, 2001.
- Di Diego JM, Moussallem CG, Feiner JM, Puleo CM, Feiner DE, and Antzelevitch C. Cellular Basis for Ischemia-induced ST-segment Elevation. Submitted to Circulation 8/4/04.
Vascularized Lymph Node Transfer for the Treatment of Upper Extremity Lympedema after Breast
Cancer Therapy, Klein RD, Lee K, Feiner J, and Secrest K. American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery, January 19, 2016.
Breast Reconstruction, East Central Florida Cancer Control Collaborative at Doctor Phillips Hospital, October 29, 2014.
Plastic Surgery and Breast Cancer Reconstruction, Breast Cancer Educational Symposium, MD Anderson Cancer Center Orlando, October 10, 2013
Approach to Deformities of the Chin, Johns Hopkins Plastic Surgery Grand Rounds, September 23, 2010.
Botox and Beyond.Johns Hopkins Plastic Surgery Grand Rounds, April 8, 2010.
Facial Reanimation Surgery.Johns Hopkins Plastic Surgery Grand Rounds, February 5, 2009.
Perinatal Brachial Plexus Palsy.Johns Hopkins Plastic Surgery Grand Rounds, April 10, 2008.
Nasal Reconstruction.Johns Hopkins Plastic Surgery Grand Rounds, January 3, 2008.
Plastic Surgery Research Council, May 30, 2008: Feiner JM, Aspalter M, Vyas A, Redett RJ, and Brushart TM. In Vivo Electroporation of Peripheral Nerve to Alter Schwann Cell Gene Expression.
- Plastic Surgery 2017. American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). October 6-10, 2017.
- American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery Annual Meeting, January 16-19, 2016.
- Advanced Craniomaxillofacial Surgery: Mastery of Treatment Planning and Technique. February 24-25, 2012.
- Plastic Surgery 2011. American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). September 22-27, 2011.
- ASPS/ASMS Solutions to Complex Craniofacial Problems: Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery Symposium. September 22, 2011
- Advanced Orbital Surgery Symposium. May 13-15, 2010.
- State of the Art Craniofacial Microsurgery Reconstruction. AO North America. March 12-14, 2009.
- Plastic Surgery Research Council. May 29-31, 2008.
- Plastic Surgery 2007. American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). October 26-31, 2007.
- Osceola News-Gazette, Making Strides in Breast Reconstruction. October 18, 2019.
- Osceola Woman Magazine, Breast Reconstruction: Getting Your Confidence Back After Breast Cancer. September/October 2018.
- Orlando Sentinel, What’s On Your Surgeon’s Playlist? December 16, 2014.
- Yahoo! Health, Botox For Slimmer Calves? December 9, 2014.
- CW 6 San Diego,Medical Tourism in San Diego. November 18, 2014.
- Fox 35 News, Medical Tourism, Patients Across the Country Seek Treatment in Orlando. October 7, 2014.
- Orlando Sentinel, Social Media Lead Patients to Orlando Health for New Treatment. September 22, 2014.
- Yahoo! News,, For Some, Tourism Now Includes Surgery. September 16, 2014.
- Fox News, For Some, Tourism Now Includes Surgery. September 16, 2014.
- LiveScience, For Some, Tourism Now Includes Surgery. September 16, 2014.
- Travel Industry Today, For Some, Tourism Now Includes Surgery. September 16, 2014.
- WCBS-TV – This Morning NY!, For Some, Tourism Now Includes Surgery. September 16, 2014.
- YouTube, Tourists Come For the Sun, Stay For the Surgery. September 2, 2014.
- Fox 35 News, Social Media Saving Lives Locally. August 28, 2014.
- Fox 35 News, BRCA-1 Gene Mutation and Breast Reconstruction, May 14, 2013.
- WDBO Radio, Breast Cancer and Breast Reconstruction, May 14, 2013.
- Fox 35 News, Upper-Arm Lifts (Brachioplasty), April 30, 2013.